To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our customers' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.
More Than Just Water
Water Rates Pay For #MoreThanWater
Do you ever wonder what’s behind your water bill?
Most people think they are just paying for the gallons of water used when in fact, only about 15% of what you pay covers the actual water consumed, and even that includes the chemicals and power to treat and deliver it. The other 85% of your bill pays for a vast infrastructure of pipes, pumps, and storage facilities. Behind all of that are the people who work hard every day, 24/7/365 to make sure your water is clean, safe, and reliably delivered to your taps.
Aging infrastructure, new regulatory requirements, and booming populations all contribute to rising water costs, your cost translates to about a penny per gallon. Compared to other household expenses – mobile phones, Internet, cable television – the cost of water is an exceptional deal and has historically been one of the lowest-cost utility services. Learn more about the value of water.
The region continues to grow. Communities in North Texas are frequently ranked as among the best cities to live and fastest growing in the U.S. As a result, the population is expected to double in the next 40 years.
Water is the one utility service no one can live without.
How could I have used this much water?
You may not have - the numbers on your meter may have been transposed or hard to read. You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Just call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.
What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?
Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.
Why is my water discolored?
A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.
What chemicals does our utility district add to the water?
Only chemicals that are approved by the National Safety Foundation for treatment of drinking water.
My water tastes, looks, and smells funny. Is it safe to drink?
All public water systems are required to maintain a minimum chlorine level of 0.2 mg/L (tested at the end of each line) by state law. Systems that use chloramine as a disinfectant must maintain a level of 0.5 mg/L by state law. Our disinfectant levels are tested daily to ensure safety.
Why does debris come out of the faucet when running hot water?
Most likely your water heater needs to be flushed. CAUTION: Most manufacturers recommend hiring a professional to flush your water heater. If you plan on doing this yourself, read the owner's manual to keep from being hurt and or damaging the water heater.
Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?
We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.